Sunday, October 19, 2008

I love my job!

This is a special picture! Firstly because of it's situation. The tree in the background may seem pretty normal but I think it's the first autumnal looking tree I've seen here in Mexico. I love autumn colours and while in Scotland we would usually try and take a yearly trip up to the highlands to soak it all in. So this was a special sight!

The foreground though is much more special! Robin and I are in the unique position on being missionary mums to young kids here in Mexico. We have great support from our small team but there is no doubt that it is of great mutual encouragement to have each other. Tabitha lives for the times when she gets to play with her friends... and Robin is as much one of those friends as her kids are!

There is so much to learn in this job. Sometimes it seems difficult and thankless but there are too many moments that touch my heart to want it any other way. Yesterday I was preparing a bottle for Oscar when Tabitha called in to the kitchen from her position on the couch, "Mummy, I want a hug!" I guess at all periods of our lives there are urgent things that call for our attention but there are jewels in every day that I want to stop and admire. Check out our family blog for some of those special times.

Please pray for Robin and I as we seek to follow God's leading in our lives for this stage. Pray that our love for God would deepen and grow and that the actions that result from that would deeply bless the people we minister to inside and outside the home. Pray for the strength to be obedient to all the things God is teaching us at the moment about our privilege and responsibility.

There are other mums preparing to come here to Mexico and we are excited about that. Our prayer is that we will be able in some way to support these new mums (some with younger kids than ours!) as they come.

Along the mothering theme I would appreciate your prayers as the MOPS team meet this Thursday. We will be assigning responsibilities for the year. I feel happy about the way things are working out. I have approached a different girl about running the kids' program. Pray for her as she prays about her decision and pray that God's choice of person will take on each role.

No comments: