Sunday, October 12, 2008

For you women!

I was so blessed this weekend to be able to listen in to a couple of sessions of a very special women's conference through a live video feed. It was called the True Woman '08 conference and was organised in conjunction with the daily radio broadcast that I try and listen to regularly. I think it is probably easy anywhere to drift away from God's highest calling for our lives as women. Sometimes we zone out and dry up a little, perhaps we let issues of this current culture to mold our thinking more than His word or don't prioritise wisely etc.

Through listening into the radio show which you can access here (go to the podcast section to figure out how to get the broadcasts daily) I am continually challenged and inspired in my daily walk. Listen in to some of the sessions by going here. This web page also has lots of resources to help us if we are serious about being who Christ wants us to be. We need to be shining brightly. We constantly hear that these are dark times and they are but lets not let the darkness overcome us, rather lets be encouraged that in the darkness we will shine more brightly.

For those who are interested to go a lot deeper into this subject and ask themselves some penetrating questions here is a list that we were sent from headquarters. Only launch into this when you are ready and open to be challenged...

Will My Spiritual Wardrobe Include Robes of Righteousness This Year?

Because we still live in a sinful world, and make choices to walk in the flesh instead of in the spirit, we get dirty and need to clean up. (Notice how well the Lord does laundry in Zechariah 3:3-5 and what kind of detergent He uses in Malachi 3:2). Prayerfully consider the following questions before the Lord, to very “yes” answer, ask the Lord to wash you clean. Keep this in your Bible and periodically and often survey yourself to check your robes.

Priorities (Mt. 6:33, 10:37-39)
➢ Is there anything in which I have failed to put God first?
➢ Am I pursuing my own desires or the will of God?
➢ Is there anything hindering me in my surrender or service to God: procrastination, ambition, pride, pleasures, loved ones, money, desire for recognition?
➢ Is there anything I am not willing to sacrifice to see God move in my life:
time, convenience, comfort, reputation?

Purity of Heart (Mt. 6:1, 23:28; I Sam. 16:7; Ps. 51:16 ff)
➢ Am I the same person at home as I am away from home? Do I try to impress people by being something I am not? Am I hypocritical?
➢ Do I deny the reality of or justify my sin?
➢ Do I practice empty or insecure worship?
➢ Am I more concerned about what others think about my life than about what God thinks?
➢ Would I pray, read my Bible, give, and/or serve as much if God was the only one who noticed?
➢ Am I complacent in my attitude toward God?

Pride (Phil. 2:3-8; Prov. 28:13)
➢ Am I full of self (self-motivated, self-absorbed, self-centered, self-sufficient, self-indulgent, self-satisfied, self-protective)?
➢ Do I talk about what I have done rather than what Christ has done?
➢ Do I fail to admit to others when I am wrong, repent, and ask forgiveness?

Obedience
➢ Have I ignored something I know God wants me to do? (John 14:23)
➢ Do I allow doubts or feelings of inferiority to keep me from serving the Lord? (Eph. 3:20)
➢ Do I willingly tithe to His work? (2 Cor. 9:7)
➢ Have I failed to be submissive to those in authority over me in my family, government, work place, or church? (Heb. 13:17)


➢ Am I guilty of not caring for my body as the temple of the Holy Spirit by overindulging or practicing unhealthy habits? (1 Cor. 6:19-20)

God’s Word (Ps. 119:97: 140)
➢ Are my personal devotions inconsistent or meaningless?
➢ Do I think about other things while God’s Word is taught?
➢ Do I fail to apply God’s Word to my life?

Spirit Control (Gal. 5:22-23; Jam. 4:7; 2 Tim 1:7)
➢ Is there any area of my life of which I have not allowed Jesus to be Lord?
➢ Do I minister in the power of the flesh rather than the power of the Spirit?
➢ Am I filled with doubt, worry, or fear?
➢ Do I have angry thoughts toward myself, other, or God?
➢ Have I complained against God or been dissatisfied with His provision for me?

Moral Purity (Eph. 5:3-4; Phil. 4:8)
➢ Do I ever allow my mind to dwell on unholy things or my eyes to view entertainment that does not glorify the Lord?
➢ Is my conversation unprofitable or empty? Do I lie or exaggerate?
➢ Is the way I dress pleasing to the Lord?

Relationships (Col. 3:12-15; Eph. 4:31-32; 1 Cor. 13:4-8)
➢ Is there anyone against whom I am holding a grudge?
➢ Is there any root of bitterness, resentment, envy or jealousy in my heart?
➢ Do I use my words to tear down others, gossip, or criticize?
➢ Am I judgmental in my attitude toward my family, the government, or my church?
➢ Do I complain, find fault, or argue?
➢ Am I rigid, demanding, or a perfectionist?
➢ Do I care more about my needs than the needs of other?


*Taken from “For Such a Time as This,” a Bible study by Jill Rhodes (pages 41-43)

No comments: