Saturday, October 24, 2009

Arrival

Uncle Wesley (my brother) was waiting for us at Newark airport and accompanied us for the last leg of the journey. It was a beautiful morning with the beautiful autumn colours I have always loved rising up above the low-lying mist. The weather has been kind to us but we are still enjoying the luxury of central heating!

I think the word ‘overwhelmed’ is appropriate for describing our re-entry. Besides needing a lot of rest and some minor medical attention we have been getting out and about. Tabitha went to see her school on Monday and stayed. She was able to go all five days and had a great time. I ventured out to the supermarket by myself. I had a list but at one stage I was wondering if I would be returning home with anything on it. I was easily sidetracked but I did have to go up and down the same aisles 3 or 4 times to find what I was looking for. Finding the item I then had to pick from one of several varieties of the same thing. I know I’ve not been away that long but it was a little overwhelming. I’ve no doubt I’ll soon be able to fly around like the others who would reach over me to get what they wanted and fly on while I stood on reading all the labels and figuring out my cheapest option! As I left I was reminded where I was as a gust of wind caught my crisps (chips) and blew them into the car park. After getting my trolley (cart) back I went to get into the wrong side of the car to drive off and once corrected I then looked for my gears on the wrong side. Perhaps this week I’ll look a little more natural!
This afternoon we had our first deputation service. The NI rep had organised a lunch and program for all the prayer group leaders. There was special music by an amazingly gifted group from Australia who are visiting the country for two weeks. As we were ministered to by the beautiful music I was aware of the love and support of so many amazing people at home and was once again overwhelmed. We gave a flying report of some of the amazing things God has been doing in Mexico and as I got to telling the group about how I had felt the effects of their prayers I found myself choking up. Those of you who know me know that I don’t often get emotional but I guess this is part of the transition process. We have met some amazing people and made some great friends through OMS. We are privileged to be a part of this wonderful organisation.

We’re looking forward to the next few months of reporting back. We have not done amazing things in Mexico – God has through the prayers and support of His people and we’ve been privileged to see some of it first hand. A part of our hearts will always be in Mexico. We hope to move to our next ministry assignment in the New Year but maybe I’ll blog about that next week…

Here we are arriving in Mexico back in 2004.

No comments: