Monday, April 24, 2017

A good team

I am blessed to have been in and continue to be part of some amazing teams. I learned the importance of a strong team when I worked with a children's outreach at Carrubbers Christian Centre when I was part of a team that I eventually went on to co-lead with my wife. We invested into that team, spending training times together, encouraging team members to develop and grow, and even venturing on a weekend away each year to pray, chat through ideas and changes and just hang out.

When my wife and I went to Mexico with One Mission Society, we were part of a superb team that worked in many different areas to tell people about Jesus. We were part of a Street Kid team, there were others part of an English Teaching team, others in a School team, a Bible College team and Church teams. We began to refine our team work and leading more in another culture.

Then we came back to be part of a Church planting team for what has become Wallyford Livingroom Church. A small team began the work, and is still led by a team of elders. I have always loved this team, and we have learned to work so well together. There is incredible wisdom and care in this team.

The team I love the most is of course 'team Agnew,' and the woman that I married nearly 17 years ago. She is hard working, dedicated, and constantly looking for innovation and clarity. We work to teach our kids to follow Jesus in this team.

We can't work without our teams. It is so good to be part of a good team at that. We are so looking forward to being part of the MEFI team again this summer, the UNIFAM La Loma team, and the OMS Mexico team. 2 months to go!

No comments: