Tuesday, May 02, 2017

2 clocks ticking

It's 50 days until we board our planes and touch down in Mexico City, and as a preparation, it was wonderful to meet up with Steve Cosslett who served in Mexico with OMS, as field director and developing the ministry with the Street Kids called MEFI (link to the side of this page). It is always so amazing to connect again with people who have smelled the same foods and driven the same terrible roads, never mind working in a foreign country. What an encouragement to get together for a catch up.

It was a reminder that the Agnews have less time to get ready. At the same time there is another counter ticking. Almost 5 years ago I started a Masters in Moorlands College, Christchurch. I had 2 years of lectures, and essays, and then I was set loose to do a dissertation. The procrastinator that I am has pottered away at this for the last 3 years, but now the deadline is approaching. 31st August this year. In 50 days, I am attempting to complete this ready for printing, but it will require me to write around 1000 words each week, never mind do any corrections that my supervisor wants me to make.

I need prayers for this. It is a piece of research into why people would claim an affiliation to a denomination on their census form, yet never attend a church. I have been doing a survey of my village in order to obtain some data for this project. It's been interesting, but it needs to be written up correctly and see if I can draw any conclusions to inform the practice of the Livingroom Church.

2 countdowns. HELP!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying!!!!